Five Minute Art Practice - Draw Kawaii

Kawaii roughly means 'cute' and originated in Japan.




 Art Practice

Drawing Kawaii is good drawing practice. It is simple, easy and quick - and you can fit a drawing inside five or ten minutes a day.

I have an A6 notebook I keep close but I usually do a doodle or two before bed. I have a Kawaii Pinterest board for inspiration/copying practice.


Serious Kawaii 


Drawing Kawaii has developed its own discipline due to its popularity, with formulae regarding cuteness, proportions and things like that.


How to Draw Kawaii

On my net wanderings I came across Kawaii Drawings by Tatyana Deniz. I was captivated. The tutorials are crisp and succinct. She makes things achievable....yayyy!

I opted in for the free mini drawing email course but couldn't stop hopping about the site.

Then I found a golden nugget. Tatyana's plan to teach herself to draw Kawaii in six months. How clever to work it out yourself! It is inspiring and motivating. There is even a couple of sections on lettering/typography.

It is something anyone can follow...

Tatyana's belief is that anyone can draw given the right instruction. For me it has to do with delivery as well.

If you want to draw in this style - I strongly recommend checking out Kawaii Drawings.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lined Vintage Paper with Illustration